Monday, May 14, 2007

Bury the Boot

Accountable. By definition accountable means liable to account for one's actions. Whatever happened to the accountability of OUR government?
Yes, it is our government. Our elected representatives.
I am not talking about President Bush. Of course, if you watch the evening news everything that goes wrong in the world is his fault. I think he has done a pretty good job with the hand he’s been dealt.
I am talking about those who claim to be your representatives. And, if you are like me, you didn’t vote for eighty-five percent of the jackasses serving you in office today. If they are your representatives shouldn’t they represent your views and vaules. Right? Truth is that over half of those suits in Washington don’t know their ass from a whole in the ground.
Why aren’t we holding their feet to the fire like our bosses at work do? If we tried pulling the kind of bullshit they pull at our work places we would be out the door.
This morning I heard congressman Costello (D-IL) on the news talking about the problems with the FAA. He said the Republicans were at fault for all the over site taking place. So, I called Costello later in the day. He wasn’t there, but I managed to leave a message with his associate. I told her I was tried of hearing him blame someone else for his own problems, and asked why doesn’t the congressman just roll up his sleeves and go to work to fix the problem. Well, all I got was this thank you for your comment crap. Typical.
Now is the time to make your choice. You can stand by and do nothing, as most Americans do, as the left erodes the values and beliefs our fore fathers set in place for this great country. Or, you can make a difference now.
Lets make our representatives (sate and federal) more accountable. Below you’ll find two easy ways to contact your representatives.

Let’em know you count, bury your boot in they're ass.

No comments: